Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Dime Store History

OK, this is the first post, so we'll make it short and sweet.

Hello, and welcome to Dime Store History. I'm a sucker for good stories, so much so that I took some serious time off from my day job to try and make a go at writing a historical novel. (It's going, great, thanks for asking. Just peachy. Rewriting Chapter 10 isn't giving me fits at all.) Sometimes I'll focus on history, sometimes on fiction, sometimes, when it's really good, on both.

Mostly, this is a research dump for me, so I can keep all of my story ideas and other random stuff for my writing in one place. It's also, hopefully, a way to keep me writing daily, and unfreeze that part of my brain that locks up when I realize I might have to put some of this writing in front of an audience. Write-for-hire stuff? No problem. That I get where it's supposed to go as soon as the deadline arrives. But the stuff that just amuses me? I could sit on it for years.

I have no idea where this will go, but hopefully, it'll be an interesting ride. So come along, and buckle up. And if you see the turn I'm supposed to be taking, sing out.

No comments: